When was the last time you got your teeth professionally cleaned? While regular and proper brushing and flossing methods are essential to maintaining your oral health, regularly scheduled appointments with your dental team are crucial in achieving a completely healthy smile. Sudbury has listed five reasons why you should visit your dentist for annual dental cleaning:
- On a purely aesthetic level, when you get your cleaning done, your dental hygienist can remove surface stains that cause dullness and discoloration, resulting in a brighter and whiter smile for you.
- Teeth cleaning prevents gum disease, which can lead to premature tooth loss.
- In the U.S. alone, one person dies from oral cancer every hour. Many of these cancers are curable if found early enough, and visiting your dentist for a routine cleaning means checking to make sure everything is well, or early detection if anything is amiss.
- There is a strong correlation between gum disease and heart problems. Getting routinely cleaned twice a year means preventing cardiovascular issues such as heart attack or stroke.
- Your dental team can easily remedy fractured teeth or broken fillings during a routine cleaning, preventing problems from snowballing further down the road.
Professional dental cleanings present your dental team an opportunity to compare the state of your oral health to that of your previous appointments. If your teeth or gums require solutions, quick intervention can set you back on the right track. At Sudbury Dental Excellence, our skilled dental staff ensures that dental cleanings with us will clean, prevent, and resolve all tooth and gum issues to ensure you are in the best oral health. Call us today to schedule an appointment for your routine dental cleaning so we can help you achieve a happier and healthier smile today!